Living in Miami, I have never had an opportunity to go to a FAIR conference. Maybe this year I will. The conference will be Aug. 7-8 in Sandy, UT.
I just got the FAIR on-line journal with details on the speakers:
* Mike Ash: Author of the new book “Shaken Faith Syndrome.”
* Brian Birch: Director, Religious Studies Program and Associate
Professor of Philosophy at UVSC.
* Matthew Brown: Author of “Symbols in Stone” and many other books.
He will speak on Temple Worship among the Ancient Hebrews and
* Brant Gardner: Author of the new, very popular “Second Witness,
Analytical & Contextual Commentary on the Book of Mormon.”
* Darius Gray and Margaret Young: Producers of the just released
documentary “Nobody Knows” examining the struggles, trials, and
joys of black Latter-day Saints.
* Brian Hauglid: Addressing issues related to the Book of Abraham.
* Vicky Pahnky Taylor: A favorite EFY speaker.
* Ugo A. Perego: The Director of Operations and Study Research
Coordinator for the Sorenson Molecular Genealogy Foundation. He
will be speaking on “Joseph Smith’s DNA Revealed: New clues from
the Prophet’s genes.”
* Dan Peterson: Professor of Islamic Studies and Arabic, co-author
of “Offenders for a Word” and an annual speaker at the conference.
* Larry Poulson: Researcher on Book of Mormon geography.
* Mark Wright: Mark will take a break from leading his MesoAmerican
tours with Liahona Tours and fly up to speak at our conference. We
want to thank Liahona tours for letting us steal Mark for a couple
* Blake Ostler: LDS philosopher will be participating in a roundtable
about LDS philosophy.
* David Paulsen: LDS philosopher will participating in the roundtable
with Blake Ostler.
It sounds like a great lineup to me. But my wife wants to go to BYU Education Week. Hmmm, is there any way I can go to both and still be a good father to my kids and keep my job all at the same time?