Voltaire said it, and I believe it. We are surrounded by knuckleheads.
- Government idiots and the idiots that elect them do not understand governance.
- They do not understand budgets (both federal and public debt each are about $14 Trillion).
- They do not understand the importance of education for our children, but waste billions of tax dollars on both supporting teacher’s unions and tests that do not help our kids, but rather get in the way of real progress.
- The public insists on Congress fixing our economy, but insist they cannot touch their pet programs (military, Medicare, Social Security, farm aid, you name it).
- Recent studies show only 1/4 of kids know that George Washington was the first president.
- People choose addictions over freedom: drugs, pornography, sex, television, video games, gambling, etc.
- People select movie, sports, and rock stars as the heroes they want to emulate.
- They keep watching to see what Snooky will do next.
- They choose to live on the political extremes of liberalism/conservatism or choose to be Democrat/Republican because their great-grandparents were, rather than carefully study each issue out and figure out what really works.
- Wars on drugs and poverty that have only exacerbated the problem.
- TSA and IRS were created to solve problems.
- The stimulus package paid off banks, corporations and unions, but average people who now owe $14 Trillion still are losing their homes.
- Paul Krugman and Al Gore both have Nobel Prizes. So does President Obama for just being elected, but not really accomplishing anything.
Do you have any other reasons to add to the list proving that Common Sense is Not Common?
Or would you bravely try and disprove Voltaire?