In a recent stake priesthood leadership training session I attended, one topic of discussion was the parables in Luke 15.
I love all of the parables from this chapter, but my favorite of the three is the story of the prodigal son.
For today’s discussion, I am curious to know your thoughts on the following:
- Who was the intended audience for the parables? Was it just the Pharisees and scribes? Or did He intend for the publicans and sinners to learn something from the parables as well?
- How do the parables relate to the overall mission of the church?
- Do you find any special significance to the church in any of the parables?
- How do the parables tie together? Is there any significance to the order in which they are told?
- And anything else you want to discuss about these parables.