Note: Of the numerous micronations extant toward the end of the 20th century, few reached the same depths of obscurity and irrelevance achieved by Bendania, which consisted of the bedroom shared by two young brothers. I offer this historical document (with very little emendation, minor formatting changes appropriate for the new medium in which it is presented, some redaction and substitution of only limited consequence in order to protect the innocent, and rare clarifying comments) with the hope that it may shed additional light on some humorous attitudes prevalent among certain populations in the era under question. -Editor
Official Bendanian History
prepared by E. B. W. Pratt, National Historian
July 4, 1776
- The United States of America founded by some good guys.
April 6, 1830
- Churchia founded by The King, through His Servant Joseph.
December 28, 1977
- “Dad” and “Mom,” both dual citizens of the USA and Churchia, found The Pratt Family (hereafter TPF).
- Benjamin Wilcken Pratt born in the USA, near Churchian University. Raised in Churchia.
- Daniel [redacted] Pratt born in the USA. Raised in Churchia.
- TPF relocates to an American/Churchian colony in Panamá.
July 21, 1987
- TPF returns to mainland USA, settling in Arizona, within a concentrated Churchian settlement.
- TPF arrives at Mission Drive, where Bendania shall be born.
- EFY-Mobile, future Bendanian car transit system, created at a Japanese colony in the USA.
- EFY-Mobile acquired by TPF.
- PKN [Pratt Kids Network -Ed.] (later BBN-Bendanian Broadcasting Network) founded by 2nd-generation TPF-ians.
April 1, 1996
- Benjamin Wilcken Pratt (hereafter Ben) and Daniel [redacted] Pratt (hereafter Daniel), tired of American bureaucracy and just plain bored, found the dictatorship of BENDANIA, with Ben as Supreme Dictator-for-Life, and Daniel as Vice-Supreme Dictator-for-Life.
November 6, 1996
- Supreme Dictator-for-Life Ben, while reading the encyclopedia, notices that England’s Prince Charles has more names than Ben does. In a risky coup, he overthrows himself and is crowned His Royal Highness King Ben I of Bendania, with numerous additional titles. Daniel is named Crown Prince Daniel. The national territories of Queen Bed and Twin Bed are organized into the states of Benia and Dania, respectively. Benia is the capital and home of the king. Ports of entry established, with Batman as a guard at the smallest port, Ceilinghole. The Wall named national monument.
March 29, 1997
- King Ben I romances [Jill], and “[Jill]‘s House” becomes a Bendanian territory soon after.
July 11-23, 1997
- King Ben I and Crown Prince Daniel embark on a tour studying Churchian history, along with many other TPF-ians and in fact some members of The Frederick G. Williams Family (TFGWF).
July 25-28, 1997
- King Ben I re-enacts Churchian History events in Luna, NM [this appears to have involved human-powered pull-carts of some sort -Ed.].
November 6, 1997
- Bendania marks one year as a monarchy; King Ben I is smooched in a surprise revolt at “[Jill]‘s House.”
December 6, 1997
- EFY-Mobile retired; Prattmobile commissioned as new Bendanian Royal Transit System.
December 28, 1997
- The Pratt Family marks 20 years.
January 30, 1998
- King Ben I smooched for the last time.
February 22, 1998
- [Jill] leads the “[Jill]‘s House” Rebellion and secedes from Bendania.
August 24, 1998
- King Ben I leaves to study at Churchian University, in the USA. Crown Prince Daniel left as ruler. This was a dark period in Bendanian history. With their beloved king away, some Bendanians began to cause problems, which escalated into full hatred, and the short Bendanian Civil War began. Crown Prince Daniel led his forces from Dania and invaded Benia, therefore taking the capital as his own and renaming it New Dania. The old Dania was destroyed. He also threatened to destroy The Wall to use for his own purposes, but did not succeed. King Ben I continues to study and learn, and adapts to his new environment well.
December 9, 1998
- King Ben I contacted by servants of The King, and asked to go to Brazil and make conquests in the name of Churchia.
December 19, 1998
- King Ben I returns to Bendania and begins to take action. Finding his capital state and city overrun, he camps a ways outside of Bendanian land, gathering strength. But the attempt to reconquer New Dania is unsuccessful.
December 22, 1998
- The Benjamin-Daniel Peace Treaty is signed, restoring peace to Bendania. The ruins of Dania are rebuilt into the glorious capital and home of the king, New Benia.
- King Ben I visits Churchian Univesity, California, and the Happiest Nation on Earth, Disneyland.
- Preparations are made for King Ben I to leave for Brazil. A national vote is taken, and at the citizens’ request, The Wall is dismantled. New Benia is also abandoned and dismantled. Power is passed to King Daniel I to rule during the absence of King Ben I, who becomes a normal citizen, Ben Pratt.
March 21, 1999
- Ben Pratt is ordained Elder Pratt and set apart as a full-time missionary of Churchia (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). The following day TPF departs for Utah, capital of Churchia.
March 24, 1999
- Elder Pratt enters the MTC (Military Training Camp) of Churchia, where he will learn how to spread Churchia. TPF returns to Bendania and its nearby areas. King Daniel I begins to reign. He starts the construction of The New Wall, upon the ruins of the first.
April 27-28, 1999
- Elder Pratt travels to the 2nd MTC in Saint Paul, Brazil.
May 25, 1999
- Elder Pratt travels to Joyful Port, Brazil, then contiues to Waterfall of The South.
- King Daniel I romances Crystal of Arensia, and promptly gets smooched.
November 9, 1999
- Elder Pratt travels to Joyful Port and begins work there.
December 25, 1999
- Elder Pratt makes contact with TPF. It is good.
January 1, 2000
- The world ends, but it starts again before anybody notices.
- Elder Pratt marks 20 years of life on Earth.
[redacted; same date as above], 2000
- John [redacted] Pratt, the less-famous identical twin of Elder Pratt, marks 13 years of life on Earth. During 5 hours “Mom” and “Dad” are the parents of four teenagers. They recover after it passes.
[redacted; a couple of weeks later], 2000
- King Daniel I marks 16 years of life on Earth. “Let the smooches begin,” he is quoted as saying. The OFFICIAL BENDANIAN HISTORY is compiled by E. B. W. Pratt, national historian and travel companion of Elder Pratt
Bendania has a rich history and a unique culture. Its people are friendly and tall, and it has successfully passed through many great difficulties. Whether or not it can withstand future trials remains to be seen. But all Bendanians are hopeful, and the future will be bright.
-E. B. W. Pratt
PS. Elder Pratt always tells me of the great love he has for his family. He will write to TPF next week as usual. Also, he doesn’t know about you, but to him “Raul Fulano de Tal” sounds suspiciously like Portuguese “Raul Falando de Tal” [NB in truth the Portuguese orthography matches exactly the Spanish one given previously -Ed.] which basically means “Raul so-and-so.” See [redacted]‘s homecoming talk. Perhaps he inserted the Spanish equivalent of “falando de tal” because he forgot the real last name. Brazilians substitute it like that all the time.